This easy cookie recipe is the first one I ever baked on my own as a little girl in primary school. It’s been a while since I made them, so this week I made them with my kids.
Here’s the recipe:
175 g Butter of Margarine
100 g Sugar
Half a teaspoon of Vanilla essence
250 g Flour
- Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add Flour and mix until it forms a soft dough. (I added a bit more flour until it doesn’t stick anymore)
- Roll out and form cookies on a cold baking pan. Use cookie cutters for fun shapes. Decorate with sprinkles or silver balls.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 to 200 degrees Celsius until done. (mine took about 8 and a half minutes)
This is my kids baking in their PJ’s (hey, it’s lock down, why not?)
They look so focused. lol